The Benefits of Medical Detox For Alcohol
Alcohol use disorder or AUD essentially means your body learned to function with alcohol, and now it can’t function without it. Trying to detox from an alcohol dependency without medical supervision is not only setting yourself up for failure, but more importantly, it is dangerous. Medical detox for alcohol is the safest and most effective way to successfully detox from alcohol dependency.
Medical supervision is strongly recommended because of the severity of the withdrawal symptoms that are associated with detoxing from years of alcohol use disorder.
Some common alcohol detox symptoms include:
- Mental health issues
- In rare cases: Delirium Tremens
Those that have lung or heart disease are predisposed to experiencing one or more of the above-stated symptoms. These symptoms range in severity as well, which is why it’s crucial to have a medical team on standby at all times for the first two weeks or so. After two weeks, your body is less dependent on alcohol, and you can begin to progress in your recovery stages. Regardless of your situation, continue reading to learn more about medical detox for alcohol and its benefits.
What Is Medical Detox For Alcohol and What Are the Benefits?
Alcohol use disorder affects nearly 13% of all Americans, and the withdrawal symptoms can be life-threatening. Medical detox allows you to rid your body of the toxins and work on establishing a solid foundation for a healthy future, all backed with a team of medical professionals that are there for you when you need them most.
Those that have gone through the program before, described medical detox as a comfortable way to detox in the safety of a controlled environment.
There are a few different methods utilized in medical detox:
- Dietary support along with physical exercise
- Increases chances for a stable recovery
- Therapy or counseling options
- Medications to reduce or prevent withdrawal symptoms
- Backed by the security of a doctor and team of medical staff
Not all medical detox programs are created equal, though. It’s important to trust the team of professionals that work hard to keep you safe throughout your detoxing process. Spring Gardens Recovery is the team of professionals you can trust to provide the support you need as your body learns to live without alcohol.
The Benefits of Medical Detox:
The benefits you’ll experience from medical detox are endless, but they will essentially affect three main areas:
- Physical health
- Oftentimes, when someone suffers from alcoholism, they develop health problems that go unnoticed and undiagnosed. Then when the person suddenly throws the body into detox, it can cause these issues to not only present themselves but to get worse as a result.
- Mental health
- Not only does alcohol detox take a significant toll on the body, but it sometimes brings things like depression and anxiety to the surface. Those that have a team of medically trained professionals at their side are less likely to give in to the negative emotions. All while establishing positive habits.
- Building blocks for recovery
- The entire program is based around creating healthy stepping stones for the future. A life of recovery isn’t meant to be difficult or one filled with sacrifices. You can look to your future in excitement as you relearn what you are passionate about and establish goals for yourself.
When these areas of your life dramatically improve, it begins to have a ripple effect of positive change in other areas of your life. Things like making new friends, reconnecting with old ones, spending more time with family, or even finding a job You’re excited about are all examples of some specific positive changes that can result because of the life changes you made with the help of medical detox.
Why Medical Supervision Is Necessary During Alcohol Detox
There is a medical detox program that is right for you; you just might not have found it yet. As mentioned above, there are numerous different medical complications that commonly arise during detox that make the recovery process difficult and life-threatening.
Why detox at home when there is a risk of seizure? You could instead be in a hospital environment getting a head start on your recovery.
Making the decision to go through detox is hard enough, don’t make it harder on yourself by detoxing at home. Medical detox professionals have the knowledge and expertise to your detox process as quickly and comfortably as possible.
Contact Spring Gardens Recovery Today
Discover a new healthier way of living at Spring Gardens Recovery. Regardless of what type of addiction treatment program you are looking for, you can trust that we will exceed your expectations. Those located in Spring Hill, Florida, are a little safer with Spring Garden Recovery around. It’s a recovery program you can trust because it has your best interest at heart. Call today to learn more about our program and therapy options!