IOP Drug Rehab in Tampa
For those who complete an inpatient recovery program, an intensive outpatient program (IOP) is an excellent transitional care option. IOP Rehab in Tampa provides more structure and support than traditional outpatient services. An IOP program also helps those who are early in their recovery to be accountable for their decisions and actions. The Spring Gardens Recovery intensive outpatient treatment center in Land O Lakes & Tampa FL includes in-person and virtual telehealth sessions, and patients spend at least 9 hours per week in the program.
Components of Intensive Outpatient Programs
There are three main components of the IOP Rehab in Tampa at Spring Gardens Recovery:
- Individual Counseling
- Case Management
IOP Groups - In-Person & Remote Options Available
Because those who have newly recovered must learn to function in an environment where 24/7 care is not available, IOP patients will receive much of their support in groups. After leaving an inpatient program, relapse prevention is a high priority, and groups are highly effective at providing the tools that help individuals remain sober.
Specifically, groups can:
- Introduce a non-confrontational approach to educating participants and teaching them life skills. Group leaders or moderators are not there to lecture but provide feedback to patients who learn and practice new skills and behaviors.
- Give individual opportunities to work on communication and socialization skills. Groups reinforce the idea that drugs and alcohol are not a prerequisite for a fulfilling social life, and the other members can support the patient's efforts to discover new and different social settings.
- Offer a safe environment where the patient is held accountable but feels safe and will not be judged.
- Provide structure and discipline to individuals who may have previously had to contend with a chaotic lifestyle.
- Teach by example, as members share how to interact with others in healthy ways.
- Provide inspiration and hope by exposing newer participants to members of the group who are making progress and reaching their goals.
The most common types of groups included in an intensive outpatient program are support and family therapy groups. Depending on the patient's needs, there may be opportunities to participate in other kinds of groups.
Individual counseling in an inpatient setting is typically designed to help the individual better understand why and how addiction occurred. Therapists focus on the individual's history and life events to find the root causes of substance abuse.
In an intensive outpatient program in Land O Lakes & Tampa FL, the focus shifts to what's currently going on with the patient. The counselor will want to hear about the individual's efforts to abstain from drug and alcohol abuse. They may also spend time discussing the patient's response to a recent group session. IOP counseling sessions are future-oriented and address practical concerns about the treatment plan. Spring Gardens Recovery offers IOP counseling in-person and also offers a remote option for those unable to attend in person, or for those out of the local area.
Often, individual counseling will touch on the patient's response to what occurred during a group session and may use the one-on-one time to address fears, anxieties, or a topic the patient felt uncomfortable talking about in the group setting. The IOP counseling sessions are focused on the individual's current mind frame to help the patient adhere to the treatment plan going forward.
Case management services can help manage psychiatric symptoms, improve social and occupational functioning, and decrease drop-out rates. Effective, long-term recovery depends on access to social support in addition to traditional addiction-focused treatment.
- Act as an advocate for the patient, gaining access to services not available in the program.
- Research and compile a list of services that would benefit the patient's recovery.
- Act as facilitators to ensure that patients participate in the programs available to them
- Monitor and assess a patient's progress and determine if other services are needed.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) Near Me
Spring Gardens Recovery designed the H.O.P.E Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) to strengthen the ability to recover from substance abuse and co-occurring disorders while maintaining everyday activities for all people seeking recovery. At our Outpatient drug rehab in Tampa & Pasco County FL, we use high-quality, evidence-based interventions to treat the root of addiction, and give recovering patients the tools they need to lead a sober life. All new clients meet with their primary therapist when they enter the program to help integrate them into the group and develop an individualized treatment plan focused on long-term recovery.
The program's hours consist of:
- Three days per week of 3 hours of group sessions (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday)
- Minimum 1 individual session
- Urinary Analysis (2 per week)
- Family therapy/support
- Case Management services
- Ancillary Services
These services may be utilized in-person, or via remote telehealth technology. Our professionals will work with you to find the best fit for your needs.
Outpatient Drug Rehab Tampa - IOP Land O Lakes FL
After inpatient treatment, individuals may need help transitioning to an environment where 24/7 monitoring is not available. The H.O.P.E program at Spring Gardens Recovery will help newly recovered patients learn and practice the skills necessary to function independently and lead a fulfilling sober life. Call our IOP Rehab Land O Lakes FL, today to talk to our highly trained admission team to determine your best level of care.