Addiction is a disease that takes possession of your body, mind, and spirit. Therefore, if you want to have a successful recovery, it's essential that you take all aspects into consideration. Exactly what is sound healing therapy, and how can it be used to calm the three-headed monster of addiction?
What is Sound Healing Therapy?
When someone enters a treatment program, that person might receive detox services to clear the poisonous, addictive substance out of their system in a medically supervised setting. They will also gain insight into the causes of their addiction as well as their triggers. With these techniques, your body and mind each receive treatment for the addiction. However, never forget to consider how to heal your spirit during treatment as well.
If you are wondering, what is sound healing therapy, it is an alternative treatment that uses various instruments and electronically-produced sounds to create transformative change in the mind and spirit of someone who is mentally ill or addicted to drugs or alcohol. For instance, some sounds produced by sound healing practitioners or even people running music therapy groups are designed to mimic what a baby hears in the womb. The resulting sense of peace and safety can facilitate stress reduction and a sense of well-being.
The Link Between Sound Healing Therapy and Addiction
The endless cycle of craving drugs, obtaining them, using them and then wanting more puts every fiber of the addict’s being under stress. Those who want to know what is sound healing therapy and to use it to overcome the symptoms of addiction will find that it has several benefits:
- Helps to relax muscles and ease tension
- Reduces stress levels
- Neutralizes the tyranny of the brain, which has gained strength due to long-term attention to cravings
- Relaxation leads to inner peace that opens the doors for creativity and self-realization
When incorporated into a comprehensive addiction treatment program, what is sound healing therapy can enhance the benefits of the psychological and detox therapies while promoting tranquility and physical and spiritual recovery.
Get Help at Spring Gardens Recovery
Located near Tampa in Spring Hill, Florida, Spring Gardens focuses on treating you as a whole person. We know that you don’t just need detox therapy or addiction counseling for your mind, as vital as they are. You also need to come to recovery from a spiritual and metaphysical perspective. The following program features illustrate our attention to the entire person:
- Medically supervised detox under the supervision of a world-renowned expert
- Proven, state-of-the-art individual and group therapy
- Beautiful 4.5-acre grounds
- Amenities to promote physical and spiritual healing that include massage, yoga, and meditation under the supervision of a registered shaman, a medically supervised sauna, and a professional chef
- Programs designed to make the transition from our residential program back into the world as easy as possible.
So, what is sound healing therapy and how can it help you? Find out by reaching out to Spring Gardens Recovery today. Call us now at 866-244-9556 to being with treatment.