Article provided by: Coastal Eye Institute
Lakewood Ranch residents looking for an eye clinic are fortunate to have Coastal Eye to call on for complete eye care. The Eye Institute is one of the largest ophthalmology practices in the area, and features a comprehensive team of fellowship-trained eye doctors in every specialty of eye care, including: Laser Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, Dry Eye Disease, Diabetic Retinopathy, Routine Eye Care, Pediatric Eye Care, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Lasik Laser Vision Correction and much more.
The Lakewood Ranch Eye Clinic knows you have a busy schedule and are happy to work around the dates and times that are available to you. Even among the busiest of schedules, they are confident they can find a time, day and location that is convenient for you. Coastal Eye specializes in the following eye care:
- Cataract Surgery. The Lakewood Ranch Eye Clinic offers both traditional and Laser Refractive Cataract Surgery, to remove cataracts and provide clear vision to patients. There are advanced lens options for patients who are candidates for their implant. Please schedule an evaluation at Coastal Eye to meet with a surgeon and discuss your options.
- Lasik. This is a surgical procedure for those with poor vision due to nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism. Lasik is an out-patient procedure and often can lead to remarkable vision correction for the patient, allowing them to return to many tasks and activities that they have been unable to perform for some time.
- Retina. The Lakewood Ranch Eye Clinic treats diseases of the retina, including Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, Flashes and floaters and more. Their board-certified retina specialists, Dr. Anita Shane and Dr. Allison Menezes provide patients with a full spectrum of surgical treatments for conditions that affect the retina, vitreous, and macula.
- Glaucoma. Coastal Eye also provides treatment for Glaucoma. Visit the website at coastaleye.com to learn more about what glaucoma is, how to detect it early so that you can get the treatment you need, and available treatment options from the Lakewood Ranch Eye Clinic. The Institute’s Dr. Robert Edelman and Dr. Pooja Khator specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma, one of the leading causes of blindness in the US today. They will do everything possible to maintain your best vision.
- Strokes and Neurological diseases. The neuro-ophthalmologist from the Lakewood Ranch Eye Clinic can detect and treat vision problems associated with stroke. It’s important that you see a physician immediately after a stroke to stop the progression and to help in your overall recovery.
- Pediatric Eye Care. Coastal Eye treats Lazy Eye, provides eye muscle surgery, treats teat duct obstruction and provides complete eye care for children. Schedule an appointment for your child at Coastal Eye by calling 941-748-1818.
For the best possible health of your eyes, the Lakewood Ranch Eye Clinic encourages you to schedule an appointment at your convenience and discuss your treatment options with an eye doctor from Coastal Eye.Lakewood Ranch Eye Clinic